How often have you heard the expression: It’s just like riding a bike? Something you used to do – and overall, do well – then you stop doing it, then you do it again. The concept is that you can just pick up right where you left off and still know how to do it. Like riding a bike. Right? Wrong. (more…)
Posts Tagged ‘sports’
Posted in authors, blogging, bull riding, dancing, Family, Fiction, friends, grammar, Holidays, humor, Jansen Schmidt, resolutions, romance, sports, success, words, writing, tagged balance, ballet, ballet dancer, bike, bike riding, bikes, bull riders, bull riding, cha cha, cowboys, dance shoes, Dancing, finding balance, Guilhermi Marchi, jitterbug, pedals, pianists, piano, piano playing, sports, western romance on January 16, 2017| 8 Comments »
Posted in acting, authors, awards, blogging, Caribbean, driving, Fiction, friends, grammar, humor, Jansen Schmidt, short story, vacation, words, writers, writing, tagged blogging awards, cars, CJ Burright, crashed, English, mototcycles, oceans, prizes, snowmobiles, sports, wild animals on August 19, 2013| 21 Comments »
I love words.
My very first blog post was about the Wacky World of Words, wherein I went on and on about the craziness of the English language. You can read all about it here: https://jansenschmidt.wordpress.com/2011/11/.
As most of you know, I end each new post with a word of the day. It’s something fun I like to do because I like to discover new words. Some of you pay attention to that little detail at the end of my posts. So much so, that I have been awarded because of it. CJ Burright bestowed upon me the Sisterhood of the Word Bloggers Award, for which I am honored. See CJ’s post here: http://cjburright.com/?p=439. Thank you CJ!
Because Colleen Patrick always tries to incorporate my word of the day into her comments, I am passing this award on to her. According to the “rules,” if you receive this award you are to: post the logo on your blog, thank the nominator (that would be me), choose some nominees of your own, and post their blog links.
I choose Colleen specifialy because of her obvious curiousity and subsequent research about my word of the day. Although Colleen’s a pretty smart cookie so perhaps she didn’t need to do research at all. Perhaps she’s just got a head full of crazy words and their definitions. Anyone else who wants to pass along this award on to someone you know who inspires you with fun new words, feel free to do so. Just be sure to include the “rules.”
And now on to the next portion of todays’ post, the August installment of What Haven’t I. I know you’ve all been waiting breathlessly so wait no longer. But first, a reminder of how the game works: You don’t need to know a single thing about me to play. All you have to do is record your guesses in the comments section below.
Three of the answers are things that I have actually done. Only one is something I have not. It’s your job to guess which thing I haven’t done. Simple? Easy peasy. You can’t win if you don’t play. Have fun and good luck!
My responses will be posted on August 26th. The person with the most correct guesses will win a prize (if they check back and acknowledge that they have won by leaving another comment) AND the first person who responds back on the 26th, regardless of how many responses they got right, will also receive a prize if they leave a second comment.
So, without further ado:
1. (Speaking of awards) For which sport have I not received an award? a) bowling; b) volleyball; c) baseball; or d) basketball.
2. What haven’t I had in my yard? a) a skunk; b) a bear; c) a porcupine: or d) a mountain lion.
3. What haven’t I carried around in my car? a) a toothbrush; b) a stuffed animal; c) a blanket; or d) a knife.
4. What haven’t I crashed? a) a snowmobile; b) a car; c) a motorcycle; or d) a party.
5. What haven’t I crossed? a) the Atlantic Ocean; b) the Pacific Ocean; c) the Caribbean Sea; or d) the Mediterrean Sea.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing you all back on the 26th.
Word of the Day: Hoi Polloi
Fun fact about me: I am an amateur ventriloquist.
Original post by Jansen Schmidt, August 2013. Most photos courtesy Google Images.
- Thanks @RediscoverVburg @mcrysup and @Katecurran3Kate for sharing the love. You ladies rock! 1 day ago
- Jansen’s Believe It Or Not jansenschmidt.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/jan… https://t.co/5D9boWJfLr 1 day ago
- Jansen’s Believe It Or Not jansenschmidt.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/jan… https://t.co/jE3NXCN9zb 1 day ago
- It's too pretty to be inside today. Let's all go out and play. 6 days ago
- Thanks for sharing. @Katecurran3Kate 1 week ago
My short story anthologies
Kreativ Blogger Award
The Sunshine Award
Word Bloggers Award